Sunday, November 16, 2008

P is for Pie

Banana cream pie to be exact. Little Boy has been harping on me to buy him a banana cream pie. Where he got this idea in his head is anybody's guess. Has he been watching re-runs of Gilligan's Island on Nick at Nite? Mary Ann made some good looking banana cream pies. Or were they coconut cream? 
Anyway, this morning while we were in church he whispered in my ear, "Mom, when I go to Sunday School will you go to the store and buy me a banana cream pie? Dad tried to find one but I don't think he looked in the right place." 
Game on. Dad couldn't come through, so I was on a mission to hunt down and fulfill the boy's banana cream dream.
When I picked him up at Sunday school the first words out of his mouth were...
"Did you get my banana cream pie? Can we go to Dunkin Donuts?"
The kid is pushing his luck.

So after lunch today I was busy helping hubby with some school work and wasn't really paying much attention to what everyone else was doing. I heard Little Boy in the kitchen. He told me he was getting himself a snack. A few minutes later I walked into the kitchen and saw this sitting on the kitchen counter... 


He didn't even bother with a knife, or plate. He just dug right in. After all, it is HIS pie.  Notice HALF the pie is gone!  He wants me to save the other half for Thanksgiving...11 days away. 

5 comments:

nana2mdnjp said...

He told me two weeks ago that he was bringing a banana cream pie to me for Thanksgiving. Is he sick yet?

Crazy Married Folks said...

Man...........I want some!!!

Jen W said...

LOL- Half a pie??? Did he get sick?

Lisa said...

No strangely enough! I think he must have an iron stomach.

Carolyn...Online said...

I love any kid that will take a fork to a pie.