Friday, April 17, 2009

He said, She said.


This seemed to be one of those weeks when the kids decided to be really funny. I had a few moments when I had to turn around and walk away so I wouldn't laugh and one particular moment when I had to laugh out loud because I just couldn't help myself. 

Every word...

During literacy centers this week I introduced the letter "e". An important letter to be sure and one of the 5 five most important letters in the alphabet. 
So I did my letter talk, "e captures the sound 'eh' like in elephant, egg and excellent. "
"Mrs. C is e one of the bowels? You can't have a word without a bowel right."
"Right kinder boy, every word has to have a bowel." I couldn't correct him. Well at least not at that moment.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T...

Later that week I gave them a writing prompt. The important thing about ___________ is ________________. So most of them said things like, The important thing about me is I'm a good big brother, or I like to play, or I like pizza. Nothing too deep or introspective. That is until flower child stepped to the plate. This is what she wrote;
The important thing about Flower Child is I would like to be respected for who I am
Yes, flower child, that's all any of us really want.

Separation of Church and State?

That same day I was fortunate enough to hear this conversation.
"Jesus is dead you know."
"No he isn't."
"Yes sah, he's dead like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington because if he was still alive he would be so old. Nobody lives that long."
"He is too alive, we had Easter. He is risen."


The Laugh Out Loud Moment of the Week

We went on a walking field trip today with the science teacher for our annual signs of spring adventure. On the way  home we ran into Bobby's mom who was walking Maggie, one of their two dogs. When we got back to school I asked him, "Bobby where was your other dog, Teddy?"
"Oh, he's at the vet."
"Oh no, is he sick?"
"No, something private is happening to him."
"Oh, I see."
"I have to whisper it in your ear."
He got in really close, cupped his hands over my ear and said....

"He's getting his balls cut off."

Laughed out loud didn't you?





3 comments:

nana2mdnjp said...

LOL!!! OMG, that is so funny. We're both still laughing out loud.

IamDerby said...

ya gotta love kids. In science class the other day... I am drawing a picture of a leaf. Put in the veins.. ok class what are these things... hand goes up... yes sixth grade boy? umm stretch marks?

Nash's Mom said...

Absolutely LOL!!! I love these conversations with the kiddies. Thanks for sharing!