Saturday, February 5, 2011

P is for Penguin


Penguins. Who doesn't love penguins? I love learning about them and I love teaching about them.
I find them fascinating. They are ultimate examples of adaptation and survival.
They are amazingly dedicated as parents and amazingly adorable as babies.

Year after year my kindergarten kids are amazed by them too. We read both fiction and non fiction books about penguins to learn more about them, or to just enjoy a good story.

Non-fiction titles like...




















and fun fiction read alouds like...
















Once again I was surprised at how much my kids already knew about penguins. Never underestimate how much a five-year old brain can hold!


Of course we had to create some of our own. I saw this project on another blog, so if you are the originator or know who is, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!
I love the simplicity of this project.
So cute, so easy!





 

1 comment:

http://ashleyblake.teacherlingo.com/ said...

I love your teachings about penguins! The penguin project was absolutely adorable :)