Sunday, February 5, 2012

S is for Super!

It's finally here! Super Bowl Sunday! It's been two weeks since Our New England Patriots became AFC Champions, there's been a lot of hype and anticipation and soon it will all come to a halt at kick off time.

Now I'm not a huge football fan, baseball is my sport, I won't turn on football just because there's a game on, but these are The Patriots and I will always tune in to watch the "home town" team no matter what the sport.

On Friday we celebrated Patriots Day. Not to be confused with the Patriots Day in April, that's for The Boston Marathon, this Patriots Day was for all things football!

We asked the kids and staff to dress in red, white, and blue. We made signs, designed our own helmets, and made some predictions.

I tried my best not to influence their picks in any way, but cringing when three of my little kiddos placed their helmets in the NY Giants column was probably not the best way to show impartiality!

So I'm hoping that my cherubs have a little insight when it comes to picking a winner.
Final score...Patriots 14, Giants 3.

Works for me! Go Pats!

2 comments:

nana2mdnjp said...

That's as good a way of predicting the outcome of the game as any other that I've seen.
Go Pats!!!

Michelle Akman said...

Wonderful ideas! I'm so glad to hear that K teachers are still being allowed to be creativ and are, not so prescribed as my district is.