Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sing, Sing a Song



Today's question of the day was, "What's your favorite song?"

I got some very interesting answers considering these are 5 year-olds...

"You Got It All" by Bow Wow
"Rock Star" by Hannah Montana
"I'm Out" by the Naked Brothers Band
"Apple Bottom Jeans" by T-Pain
"We are the Champions" by Queen 
"Viva la Vida" by Cold Play
"Single Ladies" by Beyonce

Now I like some of these songs, in fact, I have some of them on my ipod, but they are all pretty grown-up songs, with some very grown-up content. Sometimes I just shake my head.

Thankfully, I also got these answers...

Humpty Dumpty
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Kiss Your Brain and
The Sponge Bob Song (which by the way, I have not been able to get out of my head since he mentioned it!)
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge Bob Square Pants!
Absorbent and Yellow and Porous is he
Sponge Bob Square Pants!

But the best answer came from Flower Child.
 
Me: "Flower Child, what's your favorite song?"
F.C.: "Little Sweet Angel of course."
Me: "I never heard that song, who sings it?"
F.C.: "Me, I made it up! "
Me: "Of course you did!"
F.C. "Can I sing it for you?"
Me: "Oh, I really wish you would"

Later this afternoon, Flower Child came to me quite upset. She said, "Mrs. C., Bobby said I was cold-hearted and evil."
"Flower Child, I can't think of anyone I know who's heart is more full of love than yours."

And if you don't believe me, here is her song...
Sweet Little Angel,
You are so sweet,
You are cute from your head to your feet.
you're sweet because you're full of loooooovvvvve!

If that's cold-hearted and evil, then I'm missing something!

3 comments:

nana2mdnjp said...

I hope you have another flower child next year. There always has to be one that makes you smile.

Nash's Mom said...

I have GOT to meet this girl. She sounds so precious!

And "Single Ladies"? Really??

Chris and Erin said...

That is so sweet. What an interesting bunch of Kindergartner's.