Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moooommm!


My experiment of the day...

I'm going to keep track of how many times I hear the word "mom" today. 
I'll report back my findings tomorrow.


Experimental findings: 27 times. 
Now I think this number is slightly off. All three of them spent three hours at soccer camp. Little spent some time napping in the car on the way to mini-golf and the car is usually good for a dozen or so "moms", then because hubby was studying for a final exam, all three of them spent quite a bit of time upstairs trying to be as quiet as possible so there just wasn't enough opportunity to use the "m" word.
So that works out to about 2.7 "moms" in the 10 hours that they were awake. If I multiply that number times the number of days of summer vacation, that is about 189 "moms". 
That doesn't seem like all that much to me really. It feels as if that number should be much much higher!



2 comments:

Kim/2 Kids said...

Wow, I counted the other day that between my girls and my husband they called me 82 times. Now granted my husband has Early Onset Alzheimers so he doesn't remember how many times he calls me but, my god, it is still too many!

MsPicketToYou said...

Yo! Are you really somewhere near me? Because this is awesome and awesome.